Aladdin Vicuna Game Designer
Hello and welcome to my page! My name is Aladdin Vicuna. I am a Game Designer/Developer and a Full Sail University alumni. I graduated on October 4th, 2019, with a BS in Game Design. During my time at Full Sail I’ve learned a lot about the gaming industry and gaming as a whole. I have always loved the idea of creating video games and with the help of Full Sail, I am able to pursue my dreams of making my game ideas come to life.
Camping With Your Lover (Short)
Camping With Your Lover is a short created using Unity. With this short I experimented with learning how to use Cinemachine to create short cutscenes using timelines, pre-made assets, and animations.
A platformer game in its own league! Swing, jump and fight your way through the kingdom in an unmatched adventure. Become a hero by swinging through mystical landscapes as you fight your way through unseen monstrous creatures. It is your destiny to win and prevent the magical Kingdom from being overrun by monsters. Kingdom Jump is set to make a release on Mobile Sep 2020.
Roles and Responsibilites : Lead Game Designer May 2020 - Present
- Created and iterated narrative/story line based on creative directors concept story.
- Worked within existing systems and expanded them, including integrating a weapons metrics testing tool.
- Partnered with other teams to consider the game design and player engagement targets.
Deceason is a multiplayer PvP/PvE Looter Shooter. Players will join servers to play on a large sandbox-style map. Loot will be dropped and hidden around the map for players to find and collect. The primary gameplay involves: PvP - in which players drop what they are carrying on death, thus encouraging the players to hunt each other along with the map’s loot. PvE - involves monsters hunting the player and vice versa. Monsters will also drop loot at varying rates depending on the monster killed (higher level monsters drop higher level loot). Currently Deceason is in active development by Passion7 LLC where I am contracted as a remote game designer and is set to make an alpha release June 2020
Role and Responsibilities: Game Designer Jan 2020 - Apr 2020
- Creatively designed narrative/storyline for game based on Creative Directors given theme
- Pitched, designed, and implemented leveling system with an exponential growth curve, skill tree, PVP rating system, and a database for weapons and general items
- Created over 20+ events, missions, and quests to incentivize PVP and PVE encounters within the game
The Red Door
The Red door is a first-person Horror game in which players take on the role of an abductee trying to escape a serial killers house of horrors. Players will have to solve puzzles, find keys to unlock the doors, and use portals to reach the next area until they escape the house all while running away from the murderer. The Red Door was released on Feb 23, 2020 and received over 3000+ downloads. It is available to play on itch.io and Gamejolt.com.
Role and Resposibilities: Game Designer Dec 2019 - Mar 2020
- Developed/created systems, mechanics, and gameplay based on game design document
- Programmed scripts in C# for AI enemies, character movement, procedurally generated levels, randomly generated items, hiding locations, puzzles, and scripted events
- Designed multiple areas based inside a home using pre-made assets and tweaking pre-made code for games specific needs
Full fan playthrough: Youtube Link
The Red Door early development gameplay video: Youtube Link
Puzzle gameplay video: Youtube Link
Portal gameplay VIdeo: Youtube Link
Stones of Cataria: Talewinds
Stones of Cataria: Talewinds is an RPG intended for kids. With simple inventories, quests, and a dungeon system, Talewinds aims to be a less complex RPG that is story driven so it’s easy for kids to pick up but also interesting enough for adults to play.
Players will wake up in the free lands of the Winds with no recollection of how they got there or who they are. Someone is leaving notes(Quests) for you and as you pick them up you slowly start to get an idea of where you are and who you are. Talewinds is a personal project of mine that is currently still in development with no set release date. See design document at the bottom of this page for more info.
Role and Responsibilites: Game Designer Dec 2019 - Present
- RPG project in Unity 3D intended to be simple enough for kids but story rich so any age can enjoy
- Programmed scripts in C# for AI enemies, weapons/tools, character movement, animation, audio
- Created animations for enemies, weapons/tools
- Designed small open-world level layout and non-linear dungeon system
Bubbles Escape is a Metroidvania style platformer designed in Unity by a team of 6 designers and 3 artists over the course of four months for our final project at Full Sail University. Players will encounter a Metroid style world where they use powerups they find around the underground labs as they work their way out of the area 51 bunkers. With 3 different types of weapons, 5 enemies, and 3 bosses. For a better understanding of the game take a look at our Dev notes here. The game has been published on itch.io! link below.
Role and Responsibilities: Game Designer June - Oct 2019
- Effectively communicated and worked with six designers and three artists over the course of four months during the production of this game
- Programmed scripts in C# for AI enemies, weapons, character movement, player power-ups, animation and audio
- Produced animations for enemies, traps, and player movement
- Hand designed the games hub area and first level each with their own unique styles of play to match the given power-ups of each level
- Successfully developed, tested, iterated, and published the game on itch.io in five months
Play Bubbles Escape: Itch.io link
Bubbles Escape playthrough video: Youtube link
Holey Rollers is a fast paced racing game where players will be given multiple routes to finish their race while trying to get 3 stars on each race. Falling off the track will respawn you at a set checkpoint but will freeze you for a few seconds and in a game all about finishing as fast as you can you will need to use your skills and memory to try and finish the races before their set times and earn all 3 stars for each race. Use +1 leap boxes to add to your leap counter and watch out for -1 boxes. If your leaps reaches 0 you will no longer be able to jump. Grab as many -5 time coins to get an even faster finish time. Can you wall jump your way to the finish line and earn all the stars!?
Role and Responsibilities: Game Designer Nov - Dec 2019
- Used Unity 3D to design and develop a game based on the game jams theme “Leaps and Bounds”
- Programmed scripts in C# for player movement, traps, time counters, and power-ups
- Designed two different levels each varying in difficulty and multiple possible routes a player could take to finish the race as fast as they can
- Published to Itch.io within a month and ranked top #100 in theme interpretation for the GitHub Game Jam
Play Holey Rollers: Itch.io link
Where’s the Bathroom
Where’s the Bathroom!? is a first-person maze runner game I designed and developed myself for Full Sail. The game was part of a sort of game jam style class in which every student had to follow a theme. The game takes place in a supermarket in which you have to find the bathroom before the bomb in your pants explodes. While running through the store you must avoid the guards and find the pin code to the bathroom before time runs out.
Role and Responsibilities: Game Designer Apr - May 2019
- Designed, conceptualized, and coded unique game mechanics and story via google docs/excel
- Successfully took game design document and worked it into a playable prototype in under one month
- Efficiently created bugless and fully editable scripts in C# for player movement, AI enemies, UI, and game win/lose conditions
Play Where’s the Bathroom!?: Download link